MEDICARE

What Is Original Medicare?

 

Run by the federal governmentAdministered by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)

Medicare is health insurance for people age 65 or older, under 65 with certain disabilities, or any age with End-stage Renal Disease (permanent kidney failure).

Medicare Part A helps pay your hospital expenses, skilled nursing facilities, and hospice care. There are deductibles & co-pays.

Part B helps cover medical expenses such as doctor visits, Emergency Room, lab work, x-rays & outpatient surgery. Part B has a deductible, then pays 80%, leaving you responsible for 20%.

 

What does Original Medicare Not Cover?

Part D (Prescription Drug Coverage)

Dental Care/Dentures

Vision

Hearing Exams and Hearing Aids

Cosmetic surgery

Massage Therapy 

Acupuncture

Transportation 

Long-term care (also called custodial care)

Advantage Plans (MAPD/MA)

 Cannot be denied coverage & premium is not based on health

Provides all Part A (Hospital Insurance) & Part B (Medical Insurance) coverage

Many provide Part D (Prescription Drug) coverage

Get one card, one bill, one Explanation of Benefits 

May receive extra benefits, such as vision, hearing, dental, OTC products, transportation, meals and fitness membership

Premiums start at $0 per month

Medigap

Medigap supplements Original Medicare coverage (Original Medicare is primary)

Plans are standardized & Identified by letters

Most common plans: Eligible prior to 2020-F, G & N; Eligible as of 2020-D, G & N

Part D (Prescription Drug) coverage not included

Due to health reasons, coverage can be denied or premium increased (except initial eligibility)

​All plans have a monthly premium, varies by coverage

ANNUAL ENROLLMENT:

OCT 15th - DEC 7th, 2019

HOW CAN WILFINGER HEALTH & LIFE HELP?

Plans change every year

Prescriptions may be covered differently or not at all

Premiums vary

Your circumstances may change

Sound confusing? I take away the confusion, stress and hassle. Contact me & schedule an appointment. I review your needs, circumstances and financial concerns, matching you with your best fit plan.

Part D (Prescription Drug Coverage) Options

 

Standalone Medicare Prescription Drug Plan

Can be combined with Original Medicare

Can be combined with Original Medicare & Medigap

Included Many Medicare Advantage plans

Premiums, covered drugs & copays vary by plan

© 2016 Wilfinger Health & Life | Affiliated with

BBB Accredited Business
  • Facebook Clean
  • LinkedIn Clean